M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this buried in the latest "American Rifleman" and also here:
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/us-embassy-cables-90-percent-most-lethal

"(CNSNews.com) -- The most lethal weapons used by drug cartels in Mexico are smuggled from Central America, not from the United States, according to U.S. Embassy cables unveiled by WikiLeaks, reported La Jornada, a leading newspaper in Mexico City."

WikiLeaks spilled the beans. Anyone else hear anything about this? I haven't seen it here mentioned in any of the Fast and Furious threads. I can't believe I'm saying it but, Go WikiLeaks!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
There've been...

...a number of stories, both on the web, and in hard print, that identified the arms coming into Mexico as sourced to Cuba, the Middle-East, and such countries as Venezuela.

It shouldn't be surprising that Communist countries would want to see the downfall of Mexico. Mexico is the only buffer state between the U.S. and the Communist states in Central and South America. While Mexico maintains formal relations with Cuba, the Cubans would love to see a foothold in North America.

A lot of the weapons are fully automatic AK47's, AK74's, and even some full auto M16's. Those weapons aren't generally available in the U.S. Nor are the grenades and explosives.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
The story might have broke in March but no one wanted to hear it then. Now that the cat's out of the bag, it's a different story.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.