M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Eye Master
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy graduated from the armorer school in Liege, Belgium. He knows his stuff.

His parents fought in the French resistance in WWII, and did a lot of practical gunsmithing. They had to make guns work with ammunition they could lay their hands on. So this guy got a lot of ideas from his parents for custom conversions.

One of the conversions he did, and I want to try, is that the base of the case for a .303 British, and a .44 revolver cartridge are about the same (dunno if .44 was common in WWII, so this might be a post war conversion).

Bottom line is that if you get an Enfield SMLE, and put on a .44 barrel, it will shoot subsonic loads. No work is needed on the bolt face, the ejector and extractor will all work as-is. Further, if you buy a magazine for a Desert Eagle in .44, you can fabricate an adaptor so it will feed, and then you can suppress the rifle, so you are shooting subsonic and silent.

A cool project to do in my 'spare time'.

·
Eye Master
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. The De Lisle is a more complex conversion, because you are going from a rimmed cartridge to an ACP design which is about 1/16" smaller in diameter, so I do not know if the extractor will be long enough. That said, making a new extractor is not the end of the world....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts