M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rest in Peace
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see McMillan has a "new" tactical M-1A -- basically a springfield tweaked in one of their stocks -- anyone out there have one? Thoughts?

·
Rest in Peace
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So... no one knows? My editor would like me to write it up but can't have pistol grip here in CA...

·
"Death From Above"
11,444 Posts
Which model are you talking about? I have an mfs-14, m1a m3a adj and an m2a on order. Those are the only four I know of but you mentioned the m1a stock.

·
Rest in Peace
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where on Long Island I'm from Bethpage and Port Washington?

Anyway, not stocks, McM are now selling a complete M-14 rifle they assemble on a Springfield in their folding PG Stock.

·
"Death From Above"
11,444 Posts
I have the newer version of that stock it's called the m3a adjustable. It comes with a integral cheek piece rather than the saddle cheek piece. I also have the folder they sell as well as an action in the m1a stock. I am finishing up another action to drop into one of there m2a stocks. I live in Huntington. Probably going to the brookhaven range this week if you want to check them out. The action is not bedded in the folder yet but I can take it with me. I will post up some pics later today. Had an early trip to Miami yesterday and my clock is all screwed up. One of the joys of working for anon demand charter company.

·
Rest in Peace
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Living in CA now.
It seems to me that these rifles are just Springfield Scouts in McMillan Stocks (like the M21) -- a good idea, but would it coast less than $3000 to buy a scout, a McMillan M3 stock and do it yourself?

·
"Death From Above"
11,444 Posts
Spent my first nine years in old bethpage on the corner of round swamp road and loise lane. Everyone in the neighborhood was working on the appolo mission. Good times many patches I'll never part with.
Think you right about the rifle. I'm not sure if they are making the rail or if it's aftermarket. The new m3a adj stock wholesales for 600 so I would say add 200 on top of that for retail. I wanted an improved version of the whitefeather when I was building mine. It's an LRB lugged m25 Krieger heavy contour 1/10 cm barrel and gi parts/sadlak and a jp comp. At the va hospital I'll put up a pic when I get home maybe it's something you would like to build.

Still have to take a pic of the folder waiting at the pharmacy now so it's going to be a couple of hours before I'm home.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The McMillan M3A is completely legal to ship to CA. It comes with the CA compliant muzzle brake and 10 round mags. The stock is fine as the pistol grip is not a true "pistol" grip, meaning it does not conspicuously hang from the stock by itself (like the AR & AK rifles).

The M2A stock from McMillan is a no-go unless you have a registered pre-ban action. The MFS-14 folding stock is also a no-go.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Unless you discard the removable magazine feature and go with a 10 round or less fixed magazine. Then the M2A and MFS are legal in CA.

The rail looks like a Troy battle rail.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was at Smith Ent. shop in October to have Andy swap my flash supressor for a vortex and there was a bin of parts Mcmillan had sent Andy to build their M1A version. I don't know if all McMillan M1A's are built by SEI, but at least that one was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts