M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

The McCann industires website has a $850.00 price listed for their carbon fiber M14 stock. Wasn't it $650.00 just a couple of weeks ago or am I losing it?

Enquiring minds want to know.

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ace said they didn't make anything for the M14 when I asked

I e-mailed them a while back and here's the response.

My itentions were to build a modern interpretation of a M1 paratrooper and a lightweight CQB rifle like CMshooter has on youtube. Unfortunately, Mr. Barnes elucidated to me that the weight list for their CF stock would be about 4months due to the change in production, increased costs of materials, and a purported large military purchase that precludes commercial sales.

Hopefully, they'll slide me higher up on the list so I can document and testbed my build for the good of community :)

I laid out the same proposition for "Nick" at Ace and he said they did not make anything for the M14. And it is difficult to tell what will work on a McCann stock. The photo quality on their website goes to hell when you enlarge it enough to read it.

I'm pretty sure its going to be more push-ups for me instead of carbon fiber. I can buy a Saiga-12 with an MD-Arms 20 round drum for $850.00. I also don't cotton to unexplained 30% price increases. I wish them all the best with their military contracts because they certainly don't know how to serve the civilian market.

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Their website can't keep up with their own price increases

It (The McCann stock) accepts an AR-15 buffer tube, whether thats a mil-spec or civilian tube I can't tell you. You will need this to screw into the rear portion of the McCann to mount an ace folding mechanism: http://riflestocks.com/store/product41.html. From there its picking which folding mechanism and what stock to finish it off.

And the price went up to $895.00 not including S&H.
The price is going up so quickly that their website can't even keep up.

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your quote is inaccurate Mike

I spoke with Debbie McCann at the SHOT Show and she told me that the Carbon Fiber Stock had been re-designed slightly so that the rifle would not require bedding.

Bedding was $200 plus the cost of shipping the Rifle both ways.

Guys, I have one of these stocks and it is worth the cost. I'm sure that the delays have something to do with the re-design, Richard passing away and the Company wanting to make sure they send out only the best product possible.

Mike.
The McCann website said that only rear lugged receivers had to be bedded. All SAI were previously a drop in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.