M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

The McCann industires website has a $850.00 price listed for their carbon fiber M14 stock. Wasn't it $650.00 just a couple of weeks ago or am I losing it?

Enquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm pretty sure they discontinued the old one and began producing an updated version of their stock. Perhaps this is the reason the price went up. Or maybe it's just the bad economy

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gee, I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with Quantitative Easing/Devaluation of the dollar and the rise in price for raw materials [/sarcasm]

Reactions: parashooter

·
Registered
56 Posts
I spoke with Debbie McCann at the SHOT Show and she told me that the Carbon Fiber Stock had been re-designed slightly so that the rifle would not require bedding.

Bedding was $200 plus the cost of shipping the Rifle both ways.

Guys, I have one of these stocks and it is worth the cost. I'm sure that the delays have something to do with the re-design, Richard passing away and the Company wanting to make sure they send out only the best product possible.

Mike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Guys, I have one of these stocks and it is worth the cost. I'm sure that the delays have something to do with the re-design, Richard passing away and the Company wanting to make sure they send out only the best product possible.

Mike.
Mike,

What is your setup (folder/multipsition, optic) and total weight unloaded?

How far have you fired and your perception of accuracy.

Have a springfield scout that I want to use optics, but the physical impairment makes me want to lighten should I have to protect the 'retreat' /escape.

White light and a reserve iron, one at 10:30 the other less critical is all that I feel I want to add. (shoot left eye)

Pacer

·
Registered
302 Posts
Its tough to tell from their site whether or not a folding stock is an option or not.

Anyone know for certain?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I e-mailed them a while back and here's the response.

Q: I noticed that there were a few CQB m1a;s being built off your stock and was wondering if it would accept the ACE folding hardware.

A: Good question...we haven't tried that butt piece yet, but it is a standard AR fitting at the rear of the stock. If the ACE screws into a standard AR it should work.

-Dick Barnes
My itentions were to build a modern interpretation of a M1 paratrooper and a lightweight CQB rifle like CMshooter has on youtube. Unfortunately, Mr. Barnes elucidated to me that the weight list for their CF stock would be about 4months due to the change in production, increased costs of materials, and a purported large military purchase that precludes commercial sales.

Hopefully, they'll slide me higher up on the list so I can document and testbed my build for the good of community :)

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ace said they didn't make anything for the M14 when I asked

I e-mailed them a while back and here's the response.

My itentions were to build a modern interpretation of a M1 paratrooper and a lightweight CQB rifle like CMshooter has on youtube. Unfortunately, Mr. Barnes elucidated to me that the weight list for their CF stock would be about 4months due to the change in production, increased costs of materials, and a purported large military purchase that precludes commercial sales.

Hopefully, they'll slide me higher up on the list so I can document and testbed my build for the good of community :)

I laid out the same proposition for "Nick" at Ace and he said they did not make anything for the M14. And it is difficult to tell what will work on a McCann stock. The photo quality on their website goes to hell when you enlarge it enough to read it.

I'm pretty sure its going to be more push-ups for me instead of carbon fiber. I can buy a Saiga-12 with an MD-Arms 20 round drum for $850.00. I also don't cotton to unexplained 30% price increases. I wish them all the best with their military contracts because they certainly don't know how to serve the civilian market.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I laid out the same proposition for "Nick" at Ace and he said they did not make anything for the M14. And it is difficult to tell what will work on a McCann stock. The photo quality on their website goes to hell when you enlarge it enough to read it.

I'm pretty sure its going to be more push-ups for me instead of carbon fiber. I can buy a Saiga-12 with an MD-Arms 20 round drum for $850.00. I also don't cotton to unexplained 30% price increases. I wish them all the best with their military contracts because they certainly don't know how to serve the civilian market.
It (The McCann stock) accepts an AR-15 buffer tube, whether thats a mil-spec or civilian tube I can't tell you. You will need this to screw into the rear portion of the McCann to mount an ace folding mechanism: http://riflestocks.com/store/product41.html. From there its picking which folding mechanism and what stock to finish it off.

And the price went up to $895.00 not including S&H.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It (The McCann stock) accepts an AR-15 buffer tube, whether thats a mil-spec or civilian tube I can't tell you. You will need this to screw into the rear portion of the McCann to mount an ace folding mechanism: http://riflestocks.com/store/product41.html. From there its picking which folding mechanism and what stock to finish it off.

IIRC the threads on the buffer tube are same regardless of Mil Spec or Commercial Tube.

What makes a tube Mil Spec or Commercial is largely the OD of the tube itself which will dictate which stock you can slap on it.

From looking at picks of the stock they have raised the mount point higher than other stocks which means its going to be easier to get cheek weld v chin weld with any optics you may choose to use.

·
Registered
229 Posts
my stock with bedding was around 850 a year or 2 ago so they must have raised the price to reflect that. Mine was a rear lugged m25 and they say no rear lugs now so they may be using some sort of milled bedding fixture? Ace folding stock should work with that adapter.

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Their website can't keep up with their own price increases

The price is going up so quickly that their website can't even keep up.

·
Read Only
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your quote is inaccurate Mike

I spoke with Debbie McCann at the SHOT Show and she told me that the Carbon Fiber Stock had been re-designed slightly so that the rifle would not require bedding.

Bedding was $200 plus the cost of shipping the Rifle both ways.

Mike.
The McCann website said that only rear lugged receivers had to be bedded. All SAI were previously a drop in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.