M14 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Site Admin
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This is the nomination thread for M14 of the Month of May 2011.

Please note the M14OTM Rules here:
http://m14forum.com/announcements/97771-introducing-m14-month-contest.html

Let me reiterate the rules for this nomination thread:
  • Please only post primary nominations or secondary nominations.
  • All secondary nominations are to be placed into 1 post, with a max of 3.
  • All secondary nominations should include the word “second” or “+1”.
Nominations will be accepted until the fourteenth of the month.

To enter, your rifle must be one of the following:
  • Traditional M14/M1A
  • Modern M14
  • Devine M1A
When making a primary nomination, please post the following:
  • URL Link from the Photos section to the album of your M14 rifle.
  • Short description of what makes your M14 stand out.
  • Reason for nomination that will motivate others to second the nomination.
When making a secondary nomination, please ensure that you use the same post for the maximum of 3 allowed seconds. Any seconds not located in your first seconding post will not be counted. Please also ensure that you quote the primary nomination post that you are seconding in your post. You can use the Multi-Quote option if you are nominating multiple M14’s. This is to make sure your secondary nominations are counted.

Also, please make sure that you are seconding a M14 that has already been nominated by the rifle’s owner. Any seconds for an M14 that has not been nominated will not be counted.

Looking forward to seeing our community's rifles!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
http://m14forum.com/users/charlene32/albums/my-m1a-scout-w-duracoat-job/

i guess i'll go first. i assume my gun qualifies.....under "modern M14" i suppose.

Short description of what makes M14 stand out:
here we have a 1999 M1A scout with lots of tactical goodies with a custom duracoat job. this jack-of-all-trades M14 has hints of modern military aesthetics mixed with other signature styles, like the old school 1960's slotted handguard and the modified Vltor stock. further description is in the album.

Reason for nomination:
i am a traditional M14 man myself, but i just had to nominate this one because it is just a unique work of art. i built this rifle with the thought of wanting something that i've never seen before.

·
Site Admin
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://m14forum.com/users/charlene32/albums/my-m1a-scout-w-duracoat-job/

i guess i'll go first. i assume my gun qualifies.....under "modern M14" i suppose.

Short description of what makes M14 stand out:
here we have a 1999 M1A scout with lots of tactical goodies with a custom duracoat job. this jack-of-all-trades M14 has hints of modern military aesthetics mixed with other signature styles, like the old school 1960's slotted handguard and the modified Vltor stock. further description is in the album.

Reason for nomination:
i am a traditional M14 man myself, but i just had to nominate this one because it is just a unique work of art. i built this rifle with the thought of wanting something that i've never seen before.
I second.

·
Registered
467 Posts
So I'll go second...

Link to the photo...

This rifle was one of the very first of the Sage-type stocks, built by Crane for Naval Special Weapons in the summer of 2003, while the invasion was taking place. It came into my hands through a NSW guy assigned to SOCOM who personally picked it up at Crane, took it to Tampa, and then on to Baghdad, where we spent three months together from Nov 03 to Jan 04.

Essentially, this was an experimental configuration at the time, the stock certainly was, as there were literally only a handful in existance. Vortex flash hider, PEQ-2 laser, selective-fire, and at that moment it was wearing a Trijicon Reflex, which was occasionally taken off to allow the use of irons.

A very unique (at the time) and sweet rifle. A real battle rifle. By the way, if you've never night fired with a zeroed laser and a helmet-mounted night vision monocular, you need to DI5

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
So I'll go second...

This rifle was one of the very first of the Sage-type stocks, built by Crane for Naval Special Weapons in the summer of 2003, while the invasion was taking place. It came into my hands through a NSW guy assigned to SOCOM who personally picked it up at Crane, took it to Tampa, and then on to Baghdad, where we spent three months together from Nov 03 to Jan 04.

Essentially, this was an experimental configuration at the time, the stock certainly was, as there were literally only a handful in existance. Vortex flash hider, PEQ-2 laser, selective-fire, and at that moment it was wearing a Trijicon Reflex, which was occasionally taken off to allow the use of irons.

A very unique (at the time) and sweet rifle. A real battle rifle. By the way, if you've never night fired with a zeroed laser and a helmet-mounted night vision monocular, you need to DI5
I second.
Here is my newly finished cmp/7.62mm rifle for the traditional category.

The really nice cartouched USGI stock is why i think it stands out. It is all USGI except the receiver and bolt.
I second
I second.

·
Registered
433 Posts
B 2/75......Very nice brother. Thats one more vote for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is my newly finished cmp/7.62mm rifle for the traditional category.

The really nice cartouched USGI stock is why i think it stands out. It is all USGI except the receiver and bolt.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I guess I will nominate my FAVORITE M14,
a SHORTIFIED Chinese with a Side Folding stock.
I've had over a 100 of the M14 variants,
and this is the configuration I always go back to.

Receiver: FORGED Chinese Poly or Norc receiver
Barrel: Chinese or GI chrome lined Chopped to Canadian Minimum 18.5"
BOLT: US GI, lapped in to .308 GO plus a couple of thou for use with 7.62 NATO
ALL OTHER PARTS: US GI for hammer and trigger, Chinese op rod, replace whatever other Chinese bits don't look good
STOCK: US GI fiberglass stock with Butler Creek side folder, painted with "GHOST CEDAR" two color camo scheme
[ DO-IT-YOURSELF side folding stock instgructions are at ;
http://www.members.shaw.ca/lazerus2000/m14.htm
SIGHTS: M14.CA prototype short CASM mount with built in adjustable rear BUIS and Chinese clone of Aimpoint red dot
GUNSMITING: TRICKS AND TWEAKS AS DETAILED IN THE INSPECTION, REPAIR, AND MODIFICATION NOTES AT; http://www.m14.ca/seminar/M14_Seminar_EBR.pdf

This is a light, compact, fast handling set up ideal for most any use. For years it, or one like it, has been my "go to" rifle. I'm posting it as an inspiration for all those do-it-yourself M14 owners who want to have an M14 shorty with a side folding stock, and/or want to try working on their own M14 rifles.
"IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE".
[;)
LAZ 1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.