M14 Forum banner

Mauser bolt help

1816 Views 18 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Dredsen
does anyone have any pics up close of their mauser. i want to see if I'm closed all the way or if i need to take off more wood. pics inc.

i put some paint marker paint not he wood where the bolt locks up and only a tiny bit transferred to the bolt.

in my other stock it touched a bit and it locked into battery ok...
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
does anyone have any pics up close of their mauser. i want to see if I'm closed all the way or if i need to take off more wood. pics inc.

i put some paint marker paint not he wood where the bolt locks up and only a tiny bit transferred to the bolt.

in my other stock it touched a bit and it locked into battery ok...
It would be easier to buy the correct stock

· In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went ahead and shaved off more , worked out i think.

it needed to rotate quite a bit more. its not picking up the paint.

13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol, a Mauser store. I really do live in the worst part of the state it seems. Interesting how shiny that bolt is for being German...
That bolt hes been reforged and customized for accuarcy (bolt face and truing he did a ton of stuff)

The while thing was like chrome when I got I back . I need to reblue the back and handle the first round didn't turn out right.

Oh ya there's no Mauser store I was using sarcasm for that [email protected]!! Jerk. Click his name and look at "other posts by" all 30 something of his posts are either unhelpful quips or about himself

· Registered
2,301 Posts
That bolt hes been reforged and customized for accuarcy (bolt face and truing he did a ton of stuff)

The while thing was like chrome when I got I back . I need to reblue the back and handle the first round didn't turn out right.

Oh ya there's no Mauser store I was using sarcasm for that [email protected]!! Jerk. Click his name and look at "other posts by" all 30 something of his posts are either unhelpful quips or about himself
Ah, I see. I'm about 10 minutes from heading home, and then I'll take a look at my bolt. Then you'll know if you're ready to get rid of that shiny garbage that would never be seen on a German battlefield GI7

13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah, I see. I'm about 10 minutes from heading home, and then I'll take a look at my bolt. Then you'll know if you're ready to get rid of that shiny garbage that would never be seen on a German battlefield GI7
Its actually a yugo which are used for Color guard type use and typically have highly polished. Bolt and rings

· Registered
2,301 Posts
I've attached pictures of similar angles to yours. I don't see much difference in positioning except MAYBE the extractor collar is seated a milimeter or so further into the chamber (which could admittedly be a big deal). That's from your first picture though

Look at the rifle, not the gun...

EDIT: Okay yeah mine's definitely seated further into the chamber. But that's still judging from the first picture.

13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've attached pictures of similar angles to yours. I don't see much difference in positioning except MAYBE the extractor collar is seated a milimeter or so further into the chamber (which could admittedly be a big deal). That's from your first picture though

Look at the rifle, not the gun...

EDIT: Okay yeah mine's definitely seated further into the chamber. But that's still judging from the first picture.
ya my first pic was an explosion waiting to happen . its all closed up now, just had to take quite a bit off the stock.

if your bored and don't mind at some point can you pull the handle back and show me a shot of the stock cutout?

13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By the look son the crest it seems that it is a Yugo maybe an M48
Its a Yugo m24/47

with a reforged/ trued bolt (thats why it looks like the m48)

· Registered
2,301 Posts
ya my first pic was an explosion waiting to happen . its all closed up now, just had to take quite a bit off the stock.

if your bored and don't mind at some point can you pull the handle back and show me a shot of the stock cutout?
Went ahead and got several angles without the bolt. Enjoy

By the look son the crest it seems that it is a Yugo maybe an M48
I'll admit I don't hang around Yugos much because every one I've seen is a Mitchell-rape. Not to come off as snooty or anything. I did notice the crest and wasn't sure about origin, but off the top of my head the only Mausers without straight bolts I could think of were Germans... again because I don't hang around Yugos much :p. I shoot plenty of Yugo ammo though...

13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
interesting the Yugo stock is a lot beefier around the rear ring. I had to cut deep and yours doesn't even have a cutout just a really slick looking contour.

13,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If it was me I would take the stock off and see what the lock up was like without it on to make sure the bolt if fully rotated clockwise.
thats the first thing i did that let me know i needed to cut the stock.

then i used the paint method to get it where its not touching.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.