M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shot the 200m reduced 50 round match this morning. Much improved from last time. This is my 3rd match overall.

Offhand-86
Sitting rapid-96
Prone rapid-90
Prone slow-185-3x
457-3x

It was a bit windy at 10-15 quartering into us. I noticed that I was shooting a bit low in the first 3 stages. But was right on in the 600 reduced. I have been practicing with the 600 reduced target. I think I might try giving the elevation a couple of clicks from now on in those stages then back down for 600.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Most likely you have your sight alignment and sight picture as perfect as it can be to be able to see the POI difference between the targets and you maintain it across the course. Here is why I said that, the SR target black is 13 inches while the SR-52 is only 11.8 inches. So, if you maintain the same sight picture and not changing the sight, the POI on the SR would be lower relative to the center of the X ring.

I have different elevation for the SR52 compared to the siting and prone rapid when shooting 200 reduced courses. In standing I have even more differences, my windage is 3 clicks R in standing shooting the ARs due to the cant, and 1 click R for the 14s

Excellent job!

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nez, I did not adjust my sights during the match. When we got to the 600 I noticed that the general grouping was higher relative to the previous with the same sight picture. I thought that target was smaller but wasn't for sure. It was a lot of fun!

Some folks like Yoga, I like pulling the trigger! :)

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Very nice shooting Circlehook. Average is 9 ring plus.

Stay with it. Takes a bit of time to get comfortable and there is a lot of details requiring attention. First and foremost, enjoy yourself.

Reactions: Circlehook

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Great job…it seems to be coming together for you! …it's a fun game, and I generally like the people out there.

…were you shooting commercial or hand loads for the reduced course?

I need to make a match down there sometime...

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great job…it seems to be coming together for you! …it's a fun game, and I generally like the people out there.

…were you shooting commercial or hand loads for the reduced course?

I need to make a match down there sometime...
Neil, I was shooting FGMM 175's. We'd love to have you down sometime! It's pretty laid back. No prizes or points awarded, but good for practice for the real thing. I'm still using loaned equipment, but that's about to change.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Nice shooting.
That 600yd reduced target is a B......

Anything near 90 standing give you a shot at a great score.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts