M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this stock for many years, and always figured it came off a match conditioned M14. Does the bedding style indicate who might have used it? I bought it from SARCO, back in the late '70s.
It fits my rifle very well, and the rifle is quite accurate in the stock. Here are a few pics.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Administrator
17,397 Posts
Nice looking Stock Littlejohn.

Reactions: Littlejohn

·
Super Moderator
3,398 Posts
If it's not to much trouble - Can you post a pic of the front stock ferrule, the proof P if one exists and if you are ok pulling the butt plate off a pic of any markings on the butt plate?

Thanks - M1Army

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Unscrew the butt-plate and report back any numbers/symbols you may find.......

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
For me, it's typical of the stocks that used to be on the state-issued DCM match rifles from the 70s & 80s. I had one that I used for about 4 years when shooting HP while in Idaho. The bedding is identical in placement and color.

Bruce

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's not to much trouble - Can you post a pic of the front stock ferrule, the proof P if one exists and if you are ok pulling the butt plate off a pic of any markings on the butt plate?

Thanks - M1Army
Here's the front ferrule. No proof P. No markings on butt plate, or stock under butt plate.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Looks like the Big Red stocks that Fred sells only without the little scratches, dings, dents and you might get it in a week or a year shipping times.

·
Very Old Salt
1,906 Posts
I feel like I've been name dropping 'TRW walnut' lately, but it definitely has the lines and countours of one. Pin-punched ferrules seem to be common amongst them, and they used that style of DAS. Also the area just behind the heel of the receiver is rounded rather than 'squared', at least that's how I see them. I also just refinished a TRW walnut almost exactly like the one pictured, except the grain isn't as uniform :/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts