1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Had one, traded it off.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Remake of an iconic weapon with better qc. I haven't seen one with a loose barrel, ever swd, cobray on the other hand....
I dig the 45. They use sten mags for the 9, Haase gun mags for the 45 right?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I always wanted one but I always seem to want something else a little more.
Probably a wise choice. I did also and once I had one it was only a big, ungainly 9mm pistol. Hard to aim, hard to group with and awkward to shoot. Now if it was select fire that would have been a saving grace but there are so many semiauto pistols out there that work much better.

JMHO.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I have had several of that type through the years. Same with tec9s. Neat, but kind of moot these days. A glock 17 with 33rd mag weighs less, smaller, more accurate. That's not the point of these though.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I consider it in the fun gun category.
It shoots and functions very well.It took me one mag to get used to it so a small learning curve. I shot some fair groups out to 25 yards.
The barrel shroud is a must IMO to keep the muzzle flip down.
The trigger pull is 3.6 lbs and very smooth no trigger slap at all like I felt on the full auto Ingrams.
A breeze to bumpfire too and yes it is an ammo hose when you do that.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Are suppressors legal where you are? That would be fun. Yeah, that fake suppressor makes that a different gun, but a lot of weight to pack around! Being made of aluminum helps. Are those plastic mags?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Hey it's wireless!...no annoying cord to the game console...Nice!

Just kidding. Buddies Son has one.....I tease him the same way. Kind of like having a NASCAR with a 10HP Briggs & Stratton engine...looks cool but isn't the real deal...and is basically a huge bulky semi pistol.

BUT....if it is fun for you that is all that matters.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It really is a fun piece and fairly accurate when you get used to it.
I could legally suppress it and probably will eventually.
Went out to Centerfire systems today and picked up 20 surplus sten mags for $99.00.
$5 bucks a mag is dirt cheap.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The gun has about 600 rounds thru it now and its not near as tight as it was in the beginning.
Feeds brass and steel cased ammo just fine no hiccups after the first 100 rounds.
The first 50 were hit and miss with a failure to feed here and there.
The gun was tight as a cats ass so not surprising to have a few feed issues.
Breaking in quite nicely and getting pretty smooth.
Had to major clean up work on the surplus Sten mags, had to remove the brass rods to open them back out to 32 rounds.
Only one junky rusty mag out of 20 but it still works just fine.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I will say that the one that I had functioned well while I had it. No issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had it out today and ran just fine.
Hit bowling pins out to 50 -60 yards with no problems.
I guess I'm getting used to it as far as the sights go.
Several others shot it and did quite well with it actually.
Its loosened up to the point if you want to bumpfire it doesn't mind one bit to empty a 32 round magazine in short order.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts