M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what causes the empty shells to hit the side of my wood stock and make little dings in the wood springfield says because its new

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The ejector spring assy can cause this. The spring can be to long or the angle of the tip is wrong. Some say this is normal for this but it can be fixed by trimming one coil off the spring at a time and then test firing to see if it goes away. Its called M14 hickes.

·
"Death From Above"
11,442 Posts
I agree with bigblock, do you guys think a weak extractor spring would cause this as well? Not that yours is weak just asking.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wouldn't cutting coils off the spring weaken ejection? If the cases eject from the 1 to 3 o'clock position your rifle is running properly.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
If you got a GI stock then a dummy selector kit could also stop the brass from dinging the stock.
After I put a kit on my GI birch stock the brass hits the connector arm and not the stock. Got my kits from Hawk because his come with the connector arm.

I

·
Automatic Rifleman
574 Posts
Wouldn't cutting coils off the spring weaken ejection? If the cases eject from the 1 to 3 o'clock position your rifle is running properly.
If cut a coil off the spring you (obviously) shorten it BUT you increase the spring rate making it 'stiffer'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts