M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have considered selling one of my Mint AR's...BUT before I do, I would like to know:

1.) Are most people building their own these days ?

2.) Is there still an interest in the A2's with 1/7, 5.56 Barrels ?

Thanks...I know It's the M14 Forum...DI2

·
Registered
823 Posts
Interest in the A2 is lower than a flat top. If the carry handle is detachable it's about equal.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
IMO people here and on the AR15 forum would be more likely to build their own than the general populace. I build my own ARs, 14s and M1s, but I occasionally buy a factory rifle but not an AR. I think A2 popularity is down, but for what it's worth, I just finished an A2 build because I wanted one. I have seen the stripped A2 uppers linger unsold and was able to get one reasonable ($80 with rear sight).

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You all for your replies. To answer the question the Ar I am considering trading or selling is an Unfired Bushmaster , (BFI,) .5.56, 20" A2, with Bayonet Lug and Birdcage, shipped from factory 09/2001.

However, I have already read the A!5.Com postings, and since I am a member here, I wanted a different view....I never ask a Surgeon if I need surgery...LOL

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Honestly....if I were to BUY an AR now, it would be a standard A2. (Actually, I kinda want an A1) Of course I'm not indicative of the current market. I have become allergic to all things "tacticool". GI1

Having said that, I believe there ARE folks who would like to buy that exact rifle, they just aren't in the majority. Your best customer base would probably only be looking to spend the current "fair" price for such a weapon as well. As an example, I know a recently retired Gunny who is always saying he really should own a rifle. If that rifle fell into his lap with a decent price, he would snatch it up. For folks like that, there is a certain sentimental appeal.

Long story short.... there IS a customer out there for your rifle, but they might not be waving top dollar for it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Now is not the time to sell if you're wanting top dollar for an AR. I'm seeing new & used ARs cheaper now than they were back in the late 70s. The post-Sandyhook buying/building frenzy has pushed the prices down, which is good for us bargain hunters.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Not just the ads but the a3s are also less desirable.

Posting on an a2 forum you can sell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts