M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this on the Cerakote Coatings website. Interesting...........

Recognizing the need to improve weapon system signature management capabilities, NIC Industries, Inc. leveraged its proven civilian Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) ceramic-based firearm and high temperature coatings (marketed as Cerakote™ Firearm Coatings and Cerakote™ High Temperature Coatings respectively) and developed a second generation material, now known as Cerakote™ Gen II. This next generation coating was developed specifically for military small arms, crew-served weapons, and other metallic and non-metallic applications, where a need for the ability to manage the visual and near-infrared signature while enhancing durability, reliability and maintainability would be desired.

http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/news/article/cerakote-gen-ii-coatings-reduced-weapons-visual-ir-signature-detection/

Hobo

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,710 Posts
You need to watch you wash your clothes in too, most commercial detergents have "Brighteners" in them to make cloth look brighter in the sun.
My Brother loved to play with tide detergent in beakers and infrared film with a ultra violet flash source, he got some very cool photos doing it. I know they make special detergent for hunters because they think some Game animals can see in the UV range.

Casey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts