M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. I've ordered a CMP parts kit and I bought two bolts, an SA and an HRT. I also picked up a couple of CMI mags from 44mags.

My goal is to put together a traditional M14 with all USGI parts except for the receiver. For the receiver I'm looking at SAI or Fulton. For the barrel I'd like to use original USGI.

Once I gather all of the parts I'm going to send the receiver, bolt, and barrel to an armorer. I plan on putting the rest of the rifle together myself.

How does my plan sound so far?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
A definite and doable project plan! I used a couple of books (Kuhnhausen manuals and Duff's Match Conditioning) to help with any issues that came up in my first build...

Excellent holiday activities!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Sounds like that would work. Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
33 Posts
VP, check out what 7.62 has to offer for receivers. They will do a free bbl assembly and headspace for you with a rec. purchase. I got one about 2 weeks ago and it is sweet!!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
+1 on rig21. I am going with the 7.62 receiver also. Forged, and they are putting out a fine product.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
VP, check out what 7.62 has to offer for receivers. They will do a free bbl assembly and headspace for you with a rec. purchase. I got one about 2 weeks ago and it is sweet!!!
How long did it take form order time to delivery?

I ordered mine about a week ago.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Hey VP, I saw your name in CMP forum too.

Great plan so far. Absolutely nothing wrong going with Fulton or SAI, but if you can get one that is already assembled / head spaced it may save you a few hundred bucks. Also you may wan to try to assemble the rest yourself.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are my parts. It will be an all SA build with a 762MM receiver. Parts get shipped tomorrow.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Man, thats an ugly, basket case bunch of parts. Why don't you just send them to me...so you don't have to fret over them anymore. DI5

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Looking forward to reports when you receive it back.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Man, thats an ugly, basket case bunch of parts. Why don't you just send them to me...so you don't have to fret over them anymore. DI5
Nice try, Rick! I don't think he needs to mail them though. I think he needs to meet you in some abandoned construction site. In the rain. MCORPS1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts