M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You know the drill

$50 for me to hand-select yours (I do not know the cost for the stock until he tells me) + $20 to ship

$120 additional if you want me to Finish

Tell me what you want.

Ending the offer 9 PM Wednesday June 25th (OFFER HAS ENDED)

Last time I went up:

http://m14forum.com/stock/159394-making-another-run-fred-s-question-group.html

1. Sumo - 100% tiger-striped Big Red Birch - wood figure taking priority over grade
2. basenjishunt - Tiger stripe birch like the Red Dragon
3. Gator 4570 - Birch Leopard as first choice followed by a Tiger stripe and finished by you
4. Dirtyharry - Extremely strong tiger stripes all around (Birch) with markings and finished like the Black King Snake
5. Cody M1A - like-new nicely figured walnut with cartouche
6. leid - presentation/collector grade walnut H&R M14 stock with "H" manufacturer's marking & a nice cartouche. The more exotic, the better
7. bd_pd98 - presentation/collector grade walnut H&R M14 stock with "H" manufacturer's marking & a nice cartouche
8. jprebb - The elusive Rock-Candy tiger-striped birch with finish
9. reelmn - 1 tiger striped birch and 1 walnut as close to burled walnut/tiger striped, price cap of $125 per stock
10. There and Back Again - a flamed birch (with visible cartouche) finished by you.
11. 51smd - Big Red birch stock with prominate flaming finished
12. erichm - "As-New" Striped Walnut with DAS and P

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for this offer Wade. I appreciate your talent to find that stock of stocks for personal taste.

Maybe we should call you the "wood whisperer"!

My interests are:
Like Black King Snake (2nd sale)(exotic?)
Like the Flaming Winchester (1st sale) (really flaming, all around)
Extremely strong tiger stripes all around.
Exotic (maybe something that really strikes you, strong features)
Leopard Pattern - Strong
Birch 1st, Walnut 2nd.
I would like it to be on both sides w/ cartouches (if possible but looks first).
Then maybe your magic hands to bring out the beauty.

Thanks Wade & your God given talent!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Wade,
I would like a like-new nicely figured walnut with cartouche would be my first choice. Second choice would be same in birch. Your choice in figure-striped, burl, something that will knock your socks off. Surprise me; I'll go with your expert eye. Thanks.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Howdy Wade,
I am in for a presentation/collector grade walnut H&R M14 stock with "H" manufacturer's marking & a nice cartouche. The more exotic, the better: stripes/flames/whatever you can find. And I appreciate it!

Thanks,
Carey

·
Registered
547 Posts
One H&R Stock

Wade - I would also like a presentation/collector grade walnut H&R M14 stock with "H" manufacturer's marking & a nice cartouche. Don't really care if there are flames or not. Not sure how common they are so if there is only 1 give it to Leid and I will wait until next time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too would like to take advantage of your expertise. I would like a tiger-striped birch stock and I'll just rely on your judgement to find me the best stock possible, regardless of price range or grade.

I'd also like for you to refinish it for me as I have no doubt you'd do a much better job than I'm capabale of.

I'm going to send you a PM with a couple of pics to show you what I'm looking for.

Thanks for offering this service!

JP

·
Registered
561 Posts
just received 2 vented forearms from Fred today, to my surprise, I had a M1a tool, a cleaning kit, an a small yellow plastic container, I believe its for oil or grease, I'll have to check with Nez to be sure, anyway Fred is a great guy, he all ways exceeds my expectations with quality..Thanks Fred

·
Super Moderator
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll take a cherry stock if you can locate one. Must have clean DOD and circle P stamps. I know its a long shot but thought I would ask. Thanks much!
Cherry as in wood or condition? Never seen a cherry USGI stock.

If you mean cherry as in condition, no problem. What kind of wood? Walnut or birch? Plain or figured or flamed?

The "As-New" or "P-Grade" are always the most expensive but feature deep and unmolested DAS and proof.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts