M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were shoot in a high power rifle match with my M1a,what capacity and how many magizines would I need?
It appears two 5 round mags would get me by.
Is this a correct assumption?
Thanks for your help.

Thanks again guys, It never occured to me a mag would affect the POI

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think if you used the five round mags , you would be classed as a match rifle . For service rifle you must be able to load two rounds into the frist mag and eight into the second .

Jack

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D Jack is Right, For the Rifle to Qualify as a Service Rifle the Exterior can not be altered! Here are some Things NOT allowed: Magazines other than Issue( 20 round Mag. only) Trigger Shoe, Butt Pad, front and Rear Sights other than issued(NM Sights are allowed), Civilian Match Rifle Slings and Cuff Slings. Mags for Rapid Fire are loaded 2and 8( Some Clubs allow 5and5, I prefer 2and 8 if your first two are not to your liking you have 8 left to redeem yourself. ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Also , you may want to spend some range time and fire all your mags and see which ones have the same point of impact . I tried it with mine prone at three hundred yards and could not believe the difference in some of them .

Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.