M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new SAGE EBR chassis with the AR buffer tube extension and a generic M4 stock with a CAA comb riser.

I really like the Magpul UBR. Does anyone know of or use a comb riser on this stock? It looks like there is a recess on the upper portion of the cheek rest I wonder if even my CAA riser would fit. Or maybe Magpul's riser for the CTR.
Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
mine is on my M6A3. I can't use a cheek piece because of the charging handle. This is an ar stock so I thing you will have to cut up a puss pad and attach it to the stock with some 90 MPH tape like we do in the Army

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally, here's Magpul's manual on the UBR showing it on page 2 with their own cheek riser on the stock. Mystery solved. I thought I saw a recess on that stock.

http://cdn.magpul.com/downloads/ubr-final_web.pdf

Had to get that Google search wording just right I guess. In the course of searching I also found the reference to LaRue's RISR in Snipers Hide Forums. They seem to mostly be talking about all risers not working because they would interfere with the charging handle on a conventional AR. Since I would be using it on my EBR rather than my AR the point seems to be moot.

In any event I will go with Magpul's snap in riser since that is its intended design rather than LaRue's screw in solution.

Thank you gentleman. Carry on. USA2

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I think it's the CTR riser that works on the UBR and shown on the manual. Makes sense since you wouldn't want to make two different sets of risers if you didn't have to. People on other forums comment the CTR snaps in to the UBR as well. Other people say there are older and newer versions of the UBR, the former being compatible with the riser. Others are saying some light dremel work on the riser will allow it to work with the newer UBR. I will call Magpul on Monday to verify and post my findings.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just tried to fit one of my spare ctr 1/2" risers on my UBR and it will not fit. The connecting tabs need to be about 1/4" farther down for it to latch.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that is a bummer. But explains why the older UBR stocks fit the riser because the cut groove is higher on the stock. Can you tell me what the distance is in inches from the top of the stock down to that groove in the UBR stock that you have, which I'm guessing is the newer one. I might have another alternative. Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Can you tell me what the distance is in inches from the top of the stock down to that groove in the UBR stock that you have, which I'm guessing is the newer one.
F1,

Sorry it took a while to answer, had to charge my camera.

I am gonna say it is about 1.25" to the center of the groove on the UBR, and it is about 1" to the latching edge on my ctr cheek riser.

Point of interest; The length of the groove on my UBR is too short (by 2") to capture both the latching edge points on the cheek riser.

Hope this helps, brother!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.