M14 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice job. I think I see what you did, but let me make sure:

The cylinder of the shrink tubing is oriented vertically, and you punched a horizontal hole for the aperture opening. Is that correct?
That is correct.

The other option would be to orient the shrink tubing horizontal (so the two ends become the hole you are looking through), and you have to punch a hole on the bottom for the parture to fit in, but I think this option would be more difficult to do.
Interesting idea. I'll experiment a bit and report back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am over 50 and wear progressive lenses. I can see fairly well at a distance in the daytime, up close is the bigger challenge. I can see the target and the front sight post well. The problem I have is the rear sight peep hole appears as four holes kind of blurred together. I don't knot which of the blurry blobs to look through. So, I have some expensive optics installed and with the scope have not problem. I can use open sights well, both a v notch and u notch work on other rifles that I have. Just the peeps are unusable for me. Does anyone know of any fix for the peep sight problem that I have?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Glasses

I used USA Safety glasses for years until my eyes got so bad I needed prescriptions. The safety glasses are the wrap around style and you can get the in several powers too

I used 1.5 and 2.0 and they are full lens so when you change position you can still see the post. These are about $6 each.

I now have the champion frames.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.