M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fully loading 4-5 M-14 mags for my bi-weekly range trip, my fingers are chewed up and worn out. Seen the above(Butler Creek), and wonder if they really work as intended? Are they sturdy enough to last a lifetime? If I had to load up the 30 some mags I have, during a crisis; it'd take hours. Not to mention worn out fingers. Are there any vids out there showing these things being used? Cheapest place to buy? dozier

·
Registered
10,634 Posts
I like mine, I have one for my M1A mags and another for the .45. I don't know about lasting a lifetime but I've had mine for about two years and they are still working well. They definitely save the hands. Believe it or not, their best use is if you want to unload a filled M1A magazine. I always end up cutting myself on the mag ears when I unload the mag, not any more. Unloading is just as easy as loading.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
+1 on lula for the M1A. Great for loading and unloading. Can't speak for lifetime use as of yet. I'll leave a note in my will for someone to get in touch with you.
:ARM22:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nKy9Tiq5HM[/ame]

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
I believe I have FOUR for four different uses...

They Are Sturdy, Well-Constructed, and I would Recommend Them!

GI1

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have one for the M14, AR15, a Stiplula for the Mini14, and a Uplula for pistols. They all work well. The Striplula is FAST!, if you buy stripper clip ammo this is the way to go.
I have not found one for my Armalite AR-10T yet. If anyone finds one for the AR-10 please let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seen the above(Butler Creek), and wonder if they really work as intended?
They work great. I've got them for AR-15, M1A and pistol.

Are they sturdy enough to last a lifetime?
Dunno. At the price they sell for it doesn't matter though.

Are there any vids out there showing these things being used?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW4Cnjq6aNw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW4Cnjq6aNw[/ame]

Cheapest place to buy?
I bought my M1A/M14 version from Primary Arms for $24 + ~$3 for shipping.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealings w/Primary Arms

After posting my above post, I went to Primary Arms website and ordered the above Butler Creek LULA. The cost of the loader was $23.99 and shipping to my area code was $2.88 by USPS Priority Mail. Total cost was $26.87 for the loader. The loader was shipped out today with estimated delivery in 2-3 days. Fast service, and good price by these guys. Would recommend them again. dozier

·
Rest in Peace
2,058 Posts
I have one for the M14, AR15, a Stiplula for the Mini14, and a Uplula for pistols. They all work well. The Striplula is FAST!, if you buy stripper clip ammo this is the way to go.
I have not found one for my Armalite AR-10T yet. If anyone finds one for the AR-10 please let me know.
I'd like to find one for the AR-10, too. I've got a LaRue OBR in 7.62 and I'd really like a loader of some sort, whether it be one round at a time or from stripper clips. I've got a ton of stripper clips for the M14 but no way to unload them into an AR-10 mag. Right now I don't know how to store any OBR ammo I put back unless I store loaded mags.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why do you need this equipement? for me, i only need my little fingers for loading and for unloading i use my weapon!! ; )

I can understand the unloading part and that is what I do. It's the loading part that needs assistance. 80% of my mags are stored unloaded. So if I want to fully load them up in a hurry, and still keep my hands from getting mangled, this tool is the way to go. La detente, take a look at the vids provided, you'll get the idea. dozier

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have, use, & like several Maglulas, too, but it seems that stripper clips and a spoon or the clip guide are a bit faster for loading. The LULA works great for speedy unloads, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.