M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to comment on the USGI Mags they use in their AR or M4?
I have Okay, NIW, made 1987 w/ Bk Followers. They feed well and fit nicely in my M4 Carbine. Also have Labelle, NIW, Green Follower, Teflon Coating, Factory Finnish. Also no problems to speak of.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
USGI magazines

I have used about every make of USGI M-16 magazines without any problems. Some look pretty rough, but still work fine - does anyone know how many manufactures turned out these magazines for our military? Thanks

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read a thread about the USGI mags on AR15.com under Magazines. There was a brief history on the different Mag Makers and some Pics. That's where I got all of my info.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:D I have mostly Adventure Line Magazines,20s and 30s they have never given me a bit of Trouble, the only ones that ever did was Colt but only one or two! :eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Re: USGI magazines

MrUREasy said:
I have used about every make of USGI M-16 magazines without any problems. Some look pretty rough, but still work fine - does anyone know how many manufactures turned out these magazines for our military? Thanks
let's see....

I have center ind, okay, labell, shanches, colt, and universal. That's all I can think of off hand.

I too have not had any problems with anything that is USGI

·
Banned
237 Posts
I have about 25 20 rounders and another 30 30 round mags. All the 30's were taken bought butt ugly, some having a nice Gold Patina. All were stripped, degreased, soaked, followers replaced with Green ones and put back together.

So I have a mix master mess of parts mags that who knows what spring was in what mag that should have gone with the other floor plate..But they all work just fine.

Karsten

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.