M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for anyone who has an answer: I'm trying to lay in a supply of magazine springs for my M1A, (and all other mags/guns I own). As we all know, springs wear out, period. All of the suppliers of springs out there charge exorbitant prices. I've initially looked for sources of supply for spring steel wire, (about 4-foot sections, and about .063 inches in thickness - give or take .010 inches). I've received no reply from spring steel suppliers, as most of these companies seem to deal in bulk. I plan on posting a Youtube video on how to bend your own magazine springs, once I find a source. Or if anyone can recommend a source of supply for magazine springs at a decent price, (maybe $1-$2 per) it would be much appreciated. Thanks, everyone, and Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Elite firearms in Kentucky use to sell them years ago.
All I remember is that they were in BOAZ,KY.
It might be worth a phone call . If you dol find them for $1-2 ea,share the love.

·
Registered
117 Posts
For the quantity you are after, you would be better off checking with spring manufactures, not spring steel suppliers. I have always had good luck with Penn Elkco in St Marys, PA. Give them a try.

Dale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts