That seems like a pretty easy fix. Thanks man! I may try that this weekend with my buddies sander. I agree, living here under bogus laws, I don't want to give up any more capacity than I already have. One of these days I'll find a job in a free state.Living in Cali changes things, and accepting the situation and further reducing max capacity is not something I'd recommend, since the fix is likely very simple.
Due to the spring design, removing coils isn't really feasible, but shortening the legs only takes a few minutes.
I pulled the spring and put the follower under 10 rounds, and as expected, there was very little space between the follower's legs and the base plate. I just finished slightly shortening the follower legs (with a disc sander) of one of them, and I'm now able to insert it under the bolt. Enough tension has been removed from the bolt that it goes fully into battery if I retract it half way and release it,