M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've tried searching for the answer on these but alot of the older photo attachments no longer work. Got these for free with some genuine HR mags. I was thinking these are Chinese knockoffs or Taiwan ones. I don't see any welds down the side like USGI ones or any stampings. I havent taken them apart yet but can if needed.

Rectangle Wood Wood stain Material property Hardwood
Wood Rectangle Hardwood Automotive exterior Bumper
Wood Rectangle Level Hardwood Auto part
Gesture Finger Cup Gas Thumb
Drinkware Wood Cup Serveware Hardwood

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,178 Posts
They are not Taiwan Type 57 mags. They are cheap Chinese knock offs. I purchased a few of these about 30 years ago and found they were not reliable and often did not fit properly due to their magazine latch pad being out of spec.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are indeed plastic followers. The "rust" you seem to see are actually little cuts in the follower like stippling. The extra part you see on bottom of left mag is the extra plastic from forming the followers. No loss on my end as I got them for free with these.

·
Registered
123 Posts
They are indeed plastic followers. The "rust" you seem to see are actually little cuts in the follower like stippling. The extra part you see on bottom of left mag is the extra plastic from forming the followers. No loss on my end as I got them for free with these.
Try them out and see if they run, or just toss them out on the berm & blast them full of holes. I wouldn’t pass them on if I knew they were troublesome unless their next owner has full disclosure of their possible issues.

·
Premium Member
7,921 Posts
You want to know about USGI magazines, go no further than this thread.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!
REN

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I havent even looked at all of mine. I think I have around 10-15 total some still in wrap. Given the condition of the Chinese ones I don't expect much but I'll try them out whenever I get to the range again. I was able to get the M14 mags because I offered to help gunsmith friend of mine get rid of miscellaneous items. I post them online since they don't do any of that type of stuff. I got the pics of the mags and said and halt those are mine please put to the side lol.😁

1 - 15 of 15 Posts