M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am too tired to post pictures.
Here Goes I recently acquired An Alleged USGI BRW S1 magazine.Upon looking at Lee Emersons Guide I have determined it is a Fake. Oh Well ,Caveat Emptor live & learn
The Welds are Perfect 12 in a Straight Line 1 by the catch hole
The Catch plate should have 5 dimples, it however has 6
it also has 2 Alignment holes were it should have none
The BRW stampings are perfect
the magazine functions flawlessly,
My Question.If someone went to that much trouble Why would they not Completely fake it
Is / Could this be a CMI mag that someone just Stamped
Someone went to a great deal of Effort here
Opinions Please

·
Registered
844 Posts
It's a CMI mag, they marked some this way as reproductions, in the early '90s I think.

Fake? I don't know, it's still a GI-ish mag, with fake-ish markings, but it works, and that's what counts.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Davis, does the magazine have a line under the rear latch ?
Some CMI manufactured mags were made and sold during the ban as preban "Bodies"sold by a company in Boaz,KY that were marked BRW S1 . These were not made by Borg Warner, but by CMI. The BRW markings were Faked by someone. The mag "bodies" were of good quality .

·
Registered
604 Posts
They marked them for the AWB.

Are you sure the mark is BRW S-I, rather than BRW S-1?

Either way, it's a CMI and should perform, unlike the mystery mags.GI6

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is Marked BRW S-1
However I have 5 BRW S-1 magazines and the stamping is not similar to any of the other 5
The Latch plate does not have the "Line" on it. I am convinved it is a CMI magazine with a Fake Stamp,
As I said Earlier "Caveat Emptor" live and learn
The Bright Side I have a Genuine Counterfeit BRW S-1 magazine

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
At least they function properly...

Could have been worse...

Could have been those damn knock offs from the infamous Banana mag rip offs that were sold by the thousands on sites like Gunbroker.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
It is Marked BRW S-1
However I have 5 BRW S-1 magazines and the stamping is not similar to any of the other 5
The Latch plate does not have the "Line" on it. I am convinved it is a CMI magazine with a Fake Stamp,
As I said Earlier "Caveat Emptor" live and learn
The Bright Side I have a Genuine Counterfeit BRW S-1 magazine
It should work like a Champ, now You have something unusual, like the one I posted in my Mag Quiz several Months ago,it also works flawlessly!BANANA1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts