M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There it is....
Which Magazine Spring is better ?
The stock Chech-Mate, M1A20SP ("....the high performance government specification springs are heavy duty and built to last.....")
Or the Wolff, extra power, 30224 ("....Springs are based on original U.S. Military rectangular design and are approximately 5% extra power....")
Does anyone have experience with both ?

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
If your Magazines work the springs in them are the ones to use.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
We were told back in the sixties to load no more than eighteen rounds in our magazines to avoid jams with the last two rounds. I have no opinion on the truth of the matter, but given the various maintenance efforts or lack thereof, it seemed to be a smart move.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
We were told back in the sixties to load no more than eighteen rounds in our magazines to avoid jams with the last two rounds. I have no opinion on the truth of the matter, but given the various maintenance efforts or lack thereof, it seemed to be a smart move.
Never heard that during basic. Also, I load 20 in my magazines currently. Over 3000 rounds through my two rifles with no jams, unfired ejects, etc. Most of mine are CMI's.

·
Banned
4,216 Posts
We were told the same thing, but I think it was to save springs. I still do it, unless it will be emptied soon after. Then, I load 20.

·
Premium Member
20,848 Posts
Same here. Made it easy to change mags with a round in the chamber and the bolt closed in combat situations. Not wanting to take a chance, I have always loaded 18 and considered it full.

Semper Fi
Art

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.