M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I was lucky enough to find myself in Western Mass on business and decided that I MUST make the trip to the Armory as who knows if I would ever have this chance again.

First, let me say that it was great to see the buildings still being used by the technical college. Apparantly you can actually visit JCG's office but it is currently in use. We kept our visit to the museum.

And let me tell you, a Garand lovers DREAM! While relatively small, it was packed with some of the most amazing firearms that I have ever seen....pistols...rifles....gatling guns....vulcan cannons....

Here are some of the notable pics.

The landmark Garands were breathtaking...

Here is the "Daddy"

The wood on the 3Mil was outstanding...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the terrible lightling, but here is the KRAG display....note the sniper version..

Thought this was interesting. This rifle belonged to a Confederate soldier who was struck by lightning. A few years ago, they began a resterarion and discovered that it was still loaded.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Thanks for the photos, It's something I'd sincerely love to see , but I never will. You'd have to shoot me dead, and drag my body there , to get me in Taxachusetts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome pictures and great post! It's a dream of mine to visit the Springfield Armory myself someday so I appreciate getting to see some or your pics. :)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Great post. I thought if you made prior arrangements you would be able to see all the weapons not available to public. Is that true and if it is or isn't does anyone know?
Patern room tours are no longer given, the stuff that will really make you drool is up there.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wow. putting that on my to do list!

Great pictures and some beautiful steel and wood weapons!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.