M14 Forum banner

M84 Servicing

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wags2161 
#1 ·
I'm servicing M84s now.
Cleaning the sealant specs out. I also have replacement glass and not the Sarco overpriced stuff. All vintage NOS Simpson lenses.

Reticle, placed and plumbed...

Reticle housing

Bunch of replacement glass I bought... ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is a $300 job from a well known scope repair outfit. This is my scope I had done 3 years ago and waited 18 months for. This is "a big job, we need to retap the scope and replace the rings". None of which was done. They should be ashamed of themselves. I would rather replace the rings for free than send a scope like this back to a customer... Don't get me wrong, the black coating comes off pretty easily, but look how these are all ripped to shreds. At least put a permanent marker on them!!

#3 ·
Wish I had seen this yesterday before the gunshow as I sold my M84 scope which had a messed up rear lense. I know who you refer to and Im thankful I didn't send it off to them for repair. I would have been disgusted had it been returned like that after that period of time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.