M14 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
You never disappoint, Rob, but this one was very special to me. First, we almost lost our youngest daughter to a shooting back in 2005 yet, she is the one who rolls as both shooter and spotter with me. So, seeing you enjoying the time together doing what you both love is a true blessing; I mean that sincerely. ...And like my Kelly, the lady is deadly! Lol. Secondly, the M40A1 is a true "Every climb and place gun". I absolutely believe that, with a few minor modifications, it can still hold its own. Many of the platforms that were just TOO HEAVY. I love the "40" for the fact that it is highly mobile. Lastly, Bro, I love you range! Beautiful. Not ready to throw in the towel in CA yet, but if I did, I'd have to relocate to a place that had a range that pretty, and very close. I used to think that the range in heaven looked like Range 4 at WTBN, Quantico, but maybe it looks like yours. Thanks again, Rob!

· Registered
4 Posts
I was a Army Sniper from 1980 / 1986 @ Fort Ord, and my weapon was a XM21 Rifle with the wood stock, with a Bushnell 3 X 9 X 40 Scope. The XM21 was used way in to the 80's with wood stocks in the Army. I have a photo of me with my rifle but I had the scope in my left hand and you can't really see it. But it was a awesome weapon and we would shoot out to 1,500 yards with it. But it was only really good till about 1,000 yards.

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts