M14 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used my trusty new Finn M39 today, I just had to get out in the snow storm, I figured if the Finn's could do it, so can IGI6besides I'm an ol' U.S. Army Arctic Infantryman....fired only 20 rounds, 15 prone at 300 yards, last 5 fired standing at only 100, because we had a white-out all of a sudden and couldn't see that target from 300 yards.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shooting prone...did I say I really like my new M39?GI6I really growing fond of this rifle. Was getting hard to see the target at 300 yards at this point.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more picture.

Shooting standing...all rounds in the black at 100, and after a slight front sight adjustment all rounds in the black at 300.

Get out there and shoot those rifles!GI6

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Ha haaa! Great pics!! GI5

·
Registered
126 Posts
great pics

That looks like something I would do. Errrr (have done) bad thing is, I dont have any of those cool pics from those days. Those are great pictures and great for memories down the road.GI6

Brian at Whamo

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
You are one tough man! I do not go outside when the temperature is below 35 degrees. My excuse is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyaliga.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I used my trusty new Finn M39 today, I just had to get out in the snow storm, I figured if the Finn's could do it, so can IGI6besides I'm an ol' U.S. Army Arctic Infantryman....fired only 20 rounds, 15 prone at 300 yards, last 5 fired standing at only 100, because we had a white-out all of a sudden and couldn't see that target from 300 yards.

Congratulations,You are Twice the Man that I am!!!!LOL1
Great Pictures!

·
Registered
684 Posts
;) Berrrrrrrrrr

I just don't do the cold any more,,

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like your M39!GI6

·
Registered
684 Posts
;) Thank you

I think I still have four or five of them from back in the day when they cost $79 for a nice one....

But you can have the cold,, just looking at the snow got me up for a walk to the beach.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The sling is an ol' one inch sling that I had on an Model 75 Winchester Target rifle, the sling is made like a 1907, but not quite as heavy duty.

The only thing I don't like about the Finn is the small sling swivels, I would like to put one of my 1907 slings on it.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
That man could shoot! Strange to have never hear about him before!

I have always wondered if the use of iron sights would be better for snipers after reading about Norwegian snipers in WWII. Read they were hitting German soldiers at 1,000 yards with Krag Rifles in 6.5X55 Mauser caliber using aperature sights. The Scandinavians can shoot!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts