M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question gents,

I recently acquired a Nightforce 2.5-10x24 and am going to mount it on my LRB M25 receiver. I am trying to figure out what height rings to use and found this random scope ring in my box-o-parts. I did a test fit and it seems to be prefect but I have no idea what height it is. I would like to buy some higher quality rings of the same height. Can anyone "eyeball" it and figure out what height it is?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
If you have calipers you can measure the distance from the top of the rail to the bottom of the ring. I actually wouldn't mind if you could get that measurement as I could use that as a reference point.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
figure out what your battle zero is on your standard sights are gonna be and start from there with ring height
Why?

If the scope is bolted on, like many are, getting to your irons isn't going to be a fast process anyway. I'd rather keep the scope as low as possible and have my elevation knob calibrated so I just bring it up to where I need it. If you want to make it faster, put a witness mark across the receiver ear and elevation knob to mark your battle zero.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I switched my order to badger standard 0.823" rings. Should still clear based on this throw down 30mm mount having room to spare and will be as low as possible.

I'm not concerned with quickly getting to my irons. Even if I had a fast detach scope mount with the vltor stock I still have to adjust the stock height which requires a wrench. With the stock adjusted up for a scope you cannot get low enough to see your irons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.