M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you shoot an LRB M25 in NRA XTC or M1A matches with the rail removed?

Something I was pondering, otherwise its a very expensive plinker.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
You can shoot it with the rail on or off in NRA High Power matches. Just sign up in the Match Rifle Category, not Service Rifle. It's not that big of a deal. Same course of fire just a different category. Your classification will be based on your scores. You could be Unclassified, Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert, Master or High Master and shoot in the Match Rifle Category.

Some matches have Any-Sight Category. You could leave the scope on if you enter one of those.

SOME matches are Service Rifle only, but not many.

Go out and shoot a match!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
While not legal for SR…you could talk to the director at a local course and tell him it's your only rifle that is close to the rules. If the scores are not submitted, and it's a small local match, I doubt any match director would turn you away.

At Perry or State…issues may come up.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
The only highpower matches you can't use it in would be CMP EiC matches, which are a small fraction of the highpower matches out there.

·
Super Moderator
11,037 Posts
Seeing's as your in Az, Bob Pritsky and Maury Krupp, will let you play in there matches but you would be out for any awards too them its all about getting new shooters into the game.

Shooting a M25 in the AZ State Championships, Creedmoor Cup or Washington's Birthday Match I doubt that Bill Poole would be as generous..........

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seeing's as your in Az, Bob Pritsky and Maury Krupp, will let you play in there matches but you would be out for any awards too them its all about getting new shooters into the game.

Shooting a M25 in the AZ State Championships, Creedmoor Cup or Washington's Birthday Match I doubt that Bill Poole would be as generous..........
You're right Phil. I don't need an expensive plinker, as I don't ever...ever shoot with glass. I also prefer to stay in the rules, as I know better and already shoot.

Plain Jane M1A/M14s suit me much better for my needs. My question was premature, and you've read my mind. I've got that McCoy to play with as well. DI2

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can shoot your M1A with a scope in the tactical class at any NRA XTC match. You may be only shooting against yourself, as the class is separate from the Iron Sights, like F-Class is from Prone, in Mid-Range and Long Range matches. The CMP doesn't have that option, like they do not recognize the M-110 as a Service Rifle, but the NRA does. I am the HP Director for the Alaska Rifle Club, so I keep up on these kind of things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts