M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

After almost 3 years of waiting, my JAE stock finally arrived today. I put my LRB M25 action in without any issues, however, I cannot for the life of me get this handguard (stock handguard from JAE) on the rifle. I have the standard short scope rail and it will not clear. It is stuck right at the beginning of the last raised part of the rail. This is my first M14 pattern rifle, so I'm sure this is a new guy problem. I've already trimmed the handguard a bit as it wouldn't fit properly into the grooves, but now I can't seem to get it any further. Any tips at all from someone who has had this set up before? Thank you all in advance.

CE

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Wait. Do not trim hand guard or any thing else. Take your action out of stock and take the gas system off your barrel and slide the hand guard under the front part of rail until the 2 ends of clip meet the grooves in the barrel then slide handguard back to rx.

Ps: if that doesn't help I can take some pics of mine when I get home tonite, let me know.

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Listen to six clicks. His suggestion is right on the money. The handguard should slide under the rail with 1/8 to 3/16 clearance. The other way to pop it on would be to remove the rail temporarily, slide the handguard into the front band and snap the rear clips into place. Either way , you are on your way to one fine tool. I absolutely love mine. Here is a photo of 3 of my 4 M25s.

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/ScopedM14s.jpg.html][/URL]

Semper Fi
Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.