M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found an M21 today, it is old, the rifling looks really sharp, and crisp, the stock has the adjustable cheekpiece, and it has a heavy barrel, the bolt is trw, it appears to be in great shape, what is it worth, it is listed at a dealer for 2100

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm really not sure on this one as I am not all that familiar with the M21 Model ...

Anyone ... ???

Six

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the springfield site says it has a 1 in 10 twist barrel, heavy, and mentioned that it had all of the supermatch's finest features, and is the ultimate in autoloading accuracy, but who has one, the stock looks really thick too, i want to know how accurate this thing is

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha AvengeUSA:

From what I have been reading the M21 and White Feather is supposed to be the flagships of SA's M1A line.

Just as a comparison, earlier this year I purchased a "used" SA SM M1A in excellent condition for $1600. The rifle came with a 20 rd and 5 rd. mag and all the paper work... the seller (also a member of our board) sent the SM in the SA hardcase. I was thrilled and thought that was a good idea.

I am not sure what a M21 would go for, it hardly comes up as with the White Feather's...

I hope this was of some help.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so how does yours shoot, and what ammo do you shoot in it, how's the groups, mine should be about the same i hear as yours, other than the adjustable stock

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha AvengeUSA:

The SuperMatch (the stock is being painted with SixT (WhamoCamo)) will shoot "X" ring all day!!! I did mount a scope because my eyes are a bit old but holds the 1.5" X ring with NO problems.

I used Winchester Supreme Match ammo for testing...

When I get the stock back and I really wring it out, I am sure it will be sub MOA with the Match ammo.

I hope this helps some.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
37 Posts
To spend that kind of money, I would want to shoot it first, unless you can positively trust info given about the piece. As far as I can tell, the M21 is merely a supermatch with an adjustable stock. Brand new wholesale is around $2200. If it is used, he should be able to go well under $2000. For comparison, last year I bought my used "as-new" supermatch w/SA 3rd gen mt and SA scope and Harris bipod for $1700. Talked him down from $1900. A good deal but not a bargain IMHO. I think a very clean but used M21 should be in the $1500-1700 range. Gun values get compressed in th e high end used market. There is little real world difference in value between the NM, Supermatch, and M21. Generally not much difference in accuracy either, if any. My M1A loaded shot 1 MOA, my Supermatch 3/4 MOA, my M21 1/2 moa (due to better cheek weld, I suspect), all scoped.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$2100 is just flat too much.
If it's old enough, it might be a good one. HOWEVER, for that kind of money, you're now in the M-25 ballpark, and they'll beat any '21 in existence at range.
Unless it's got a good scope on there, he's just asking way too much.
The down side on a '25 is the wait. Don't know what McMillan is like RIGHT NOW, with the new factory and such (it does look really good though!), but when they built my stock, I was waiting about half a year.
You should see what $2100 can buy ;-)
-Bravo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts