M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddy has an M1A for sale and the serial dates 0588XX to 5\1990 with 7.62-mm M1A on the receiver heel. The Bolt is marked 7790185 66118 X and the trigger group is SA & the Barrel is marked HR and no markings on the OP rod. this gun is still new in the original box and he wants $1300. I am thinking about buying it. Is it common that the Rifle came this way from the factory or the parts have been swapped out. I live in NY and this being preban is a plus. The rifle did come with a bayo lug on the FH.

Thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'll buy it if you dont want to. The oprod thing is strange but could be.
If you pass please PM me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That rifle is a winner! It has a Winchester bolt and a USGI H&R barrel. It also has the older (and cooler, in my opinion) 7.62mm-marked receiver. SAI used a lot of USGI parts back then, when they were more plentiful. It was very common for them to build rifles using parts from various USGI manufacturers. $1300 is a great price.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
This is one of those deals that you will kick yourself for later if you don't get it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a similar vintage M1A, 59XXX. Every part is GI, mostly TRW, including the barrel, op rod, bolt, trigger group, flash hider, etc. I am not sure there is not one part other than the stock and receiver that is not GI. Nice rifles. $1300 seems like a great deal to me. GP

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
dcobra823 we have your name if you do not buy it .You will be Forced to turn in your Man Card
Spend the Money and
Post Some Pictures

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Could be a lightly marked op rod and the park has made it hard to see. My SA op rod was lightly stamped and hard to make out with fresh park on it. Since having it redone it's very easy to see.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I paid that for a used one. Mine being a 1982 vintage. New in the box at that price is a great deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I think what the guys are trying to say is..........BUY IT NOW.

That is a good price on that rifle.

I have a op-rod that looks just like my USGI op-rods ,it to is unmarked. It is not a chi-com op-rod as I have a few of them to compare it with.

Boomer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts