M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rifle has the polymer stock, but I want to get a wooden stock and brown handguard for this rifle. In the experience of the hive mind, who's best to deal with?

·
Super Moderator
2,203 Posts
M1Army and Flipmasterj and Circlehook have been knocking out some unbelievable stocks lately, you might want to PM them and see if they have something you have in mind available.

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
17,420 Posts
M1Army and Flipmasterj and Circlehook have been knocking out some unbelievable stocks lately
All excellent sources doing fantastic work.
OP, Doug Carlton is also one of the forum's stock masters, when he sells, they sell out quickly.
m14brian

·
Registered
26 Posts
Last week I ordered a medium weight Walnut stock and brown fiberglass hand guard from Fulton Armory. It ships to me tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought one from Boyds. Excellent fit, and finish. I believe it was around $100 when I got it. I recommend it, as I have used several of their products, And been happy with them. It is a little thicker than some, but it feels great to me.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can highly recommend Flipmasterj. I bought a very nice stock from him last summer. I think his work is very good. As his reputation grows up so might the cost to get a sample of his work. Just saying.

Also check with Doug Carlton. He is already a highly respected and sought after Stock refinisher. His prices are commensurate with his quality. Again, just saying.

When you see something you like and want, you need to jump quickly or it'll be gone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As I stated yesterday I bought a Fulton Armory walnut medium weight stock and fiberglass hand guard. It arrived today and so far I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My rifle has the polymer stock, but I want to get a wooden stock and brown handguard for this rifle. In the experience of the hive mind, who's best to deal with?
I got mine from Springfield Armory, but that was 2 years ago - I don't see that they are still selling them separately.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I can highly recommend Flipmasterj. I bought a very nice stock from him last summer. I think his work is very good. As his reputation grows up so might the cost to get a sample of his work. Just saying.
I second this. He did good work on my last stock, but his prices cant stay the same forever, especially with the workload he has been picking up lately.

To the original poster, check the PX here, Ebay, Gunbroker, or if you're on Facebook check out the M1A Exchange. Plenty of wood stocks around.

·
Premium Member
5,285 Posts
Welcome to the forum - and for stocks check through the PX, do not get in a big hurry as you have a stock on your gun, and pick what you want. There are several on the forum who handle excellent stocks - Doug Carlton is also a stock master as well.

·
Very Old Salt
1,940 Posts
I second this. He did good work on my last stock, but his prices cant stay the same forever, especially with the workload he has been picking up lately.

To the original poster, check the PX here, Ebay, Gunbroker, or if you're on Facebook check out the M1A Exchange. Plenty of wood stocks around.
I hear he's an actual flip too.

Seriously though, wish I hadn't sold that stock to Keeper Oath, I think SAI accidentally let that one go because I've never seen another Boyds Walnut with that kind of figure.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts