M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, here is how it came (black):

then i painted it camo brown, which i liked but the color was a little too flat for the "sporty" looking Vltor stock making the gun look a bit toy-like:

i should take better pics in the sunlight, but i have now used flat tan and speckled it lightly over the brown color. at a distance is looks like a lite green hue. i like the speckle look for now but was looking for outside feedback - if i should go back to the brown or leave as is ect...

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
That has the fleck stone look.

Are you scared to paint the handguard??GI2

I painted my whole rifle. And have since cleaned it up, and it cleaned up pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
9th:

i want that tshirt! where do i get one? nice rifle too. i like the paint job. do you have trouble with your front sight painted tan? i would think you would want it black.

ive thought about painting my handguard but i want to put side rails on the stock and they would match the top rail. also, i like to put my gun in different stocks......

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
......but you are right. i should man up and paint the handguard to match the stock. that would look sharp!

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
I did not get any paint on the front sight post.

As far as the shirt goes...

You will have to wait till another t-shirt buy comes up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How does the rifle handle with the vertical fore grip? I always figured it was too heavy for that or does it actually help with the weight?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the vertical grip was a bit weird w/ the 22 inch barrel so that stock set up is now on my scout and it works and balances great. the gun and stock has also been duracoated camo:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it depends on your POU. for stand up run-and-gun i'd say no. but if you are doing bipod shooting then id say it would work just fine for a 22".

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
everyone has personal tastes. it all depends on your optic and stock and POU. if you are going to run and gun with the vltor then a foregrip is not a bad idea no matter what your barrel size is. the vltor has a different center of gravity. it raises your point of aim much like an AR does.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Although not as good as some I was pleased how my 1st paint job came out

·
Registered
363 Posts
I like the tan with speckled brown. I think your paint came out nice. I agree though, paint the handguard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts