M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have already posted this in the M14 Pictures Gallery, but i am new to this site so i am posting it here too. and for my information.....is this the main page where people post?

anywho....here are a couple of selector dummy kits i got from Hawk. no heavy lifting to get them on there like i thought it would be. anyway....just posting this incase someone else is thinking of doing it. i can answer any questions (process, aesthetics ect..)

i kinda like the way it looks on the birch. looks rugged.CAMOHELMET

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks great. Does the connector move forward when contacted by the operating rod? In other words does the connetor arm move back and forth on the base with the movement of the operating rod? I have one like yours but have not installed it yet. I need to do some cutting on the front of the connector arm to make it fit.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kal47............ yes the arm does have a little give to it . which is good. i thought i might have a problem w it interfering w the op rod but no. works like a champ. i only had to make two major cuts. also it was key to file the inside of the stock a little where it meets the connector arm up front to get it to sit straight......not much tho.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
you got some nice looking rifles Charlene32, I like that birch.... DI5

I think if you got a GI stock then Hawk's kits are the only way to go.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
how did u do the snake job on there? wow!dance2
I didn't........that beautiful paint job was done by Whamo Camo, they call it "Slither". I bought right here on the forum in the PX section. Whamo Camo has their own website which I highly recommend if you are interested in a painted stock. MCORPS1

·
SGT of Marines
332 Posts
Charlene32, that is how they are supposed to look. Looks just like mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can get that snake skin look using fish net stockings. I personally don't have any! honestly, I don't ! USNAUSNA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts