M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to drop my socom ii into something new. I'm leaving my options open, but maybe looking to get something lighter than the socom ii with the full rail system. I've been looking at Sage international's chassis and some other models.

Any recommendations?
And where to buy

Thanks

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Welcome to the forum and a question is always a good way to start. I simply removed the bottom rail on mine, dropped it into a fine Doug Carlton stock and it looks and shoots great. Others will chime in on this with their take on your question. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Sage chassis is certainly not lighter than the Socom-2 rail system. The Sage is markedly heavier, but also much higher quality.

If you want lighter, go with a simple USGI fiberglass or wood stock.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Im looking to drop my socom ii into something new. I'm leaving my options open, but maybe looking to get something lighter than the socom ii with the full rail system. I've been looking at Sage international's chassis and some other models.

Any recommendations?
And where to buy

Thanks
If youre looking for light & modular, a Blackfeather RS stock is the only way to go. Everything out there is heavier except the Blackfeather. I got their scout handguard earlier this year and have been drooling over the stock, im eventually going to pull the trigger on it. Check out M14.ca they even have an adapter if you prefer a normal buttstock over the pistolgrip/collapsible.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Site Sponsor 'Lee Majors' has a cool deal going, a cut off GI glass fore end mated to a magpul zuhkov folder.

I've had a standard in mine, but just moved my 16 over to it. Very light and well balanced.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you are not dead set on the "tacticool" aspect of the quad rail you can drop it and go with something like this

http://agcomposites.com/shop/rifle-stocks/classic_m1a_m14/

I recently ditched the bulky, useless quadrail from my Socom II that I purchased in 06. swapped in an 18.5 inch chrome lined barrel and Coast Guard muzzle break.
Topped it off with an ultimak rail

Actually feels like a rifle now instead of a boat anchor with a buttstock attached.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts