M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my scout is back at SAI , BUT when I get it back I have read about headspacing etc and bolt replacement. BUT assuming I want to upgrade the firiing pin, extractor , and op rod to like fulton armory stuff . Are these swap in parts or do i require it to be headspaced checked etc. ? I assumed an op rod was a drop in part

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Nope the only time you need to be concerned is if you change a bolt or barrel. Question for you! Why are you changing one commercial part for another? The quality of sai stuff is as good as Fulton stuff. If anything I would swap the extractor for a gi one. Even at that I would not change it until the sai kne fails. The sai op rod will last for a very long time. Just curious.

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Very good advice from 82nd, I'd suggest heeding it PolishX.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Parts n stuff

I need to do more research etc . but my plans once it gets back is basically leave the bolt since it will be new i assume . Replace firing pin , extractor , op rod , and upgrade to the sadlak piston , sadlak spring guide, and ext mag release . and the 2nd batch would be to upgrade trigger etc . I love the M1A I really do , out of the box with plain jane ammo i'll take it as my primary anytime . my thoughts on the op rod was the terrible amounts of wear it showed just didnt seem normal to me on mine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts