M14 Forum banner

M1a Scout muzzle brake type/opinions

1780 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  cachunk
I will soon be the owner of a M1a Scout in Walnut that I purchased on Gunbroker. I got it for $1479 (new). By the time I pay fo shipping, insurance and my dealer cost it will be about $1580 total. From what I have seen it is a fair price for a walnut stock.

My question is about the muzzle brake. Is this brake the same used on the California approved models for all M1as' or is it different? Any opinions on the effectiveness? In all likelyness I will change it out for the Vortex type. I've seen them on the Desert Warrior Products website for $125( unit with the fsb).
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,807 Posts
Yes it is the same type as used on the CA models.
I have used a couple of different types of brakes on my rifle and this stly does a very good job in comparison.

The vortex is not a brake, so it can not be compared to the SAI. However, the vortex is a very good FH.

· Registered
788 Posts
Redleg- congratulations on the new scout, i have a scout in walnut as well and it is awesome.

I was thinking of subbing out my break with a SEI USCG break, not sure but it seems like a good piece from what I have read. Let us know what you decide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.