M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, so i took the forward picatinny rail off of my Scout, because i got tired of accidentally burning my thumb when i picked it up. Only problem is now I have a large gap in my rifle stock where the rail used to be. Are there any covers to cover up the hole?

·
Registered
247 Posts
You removed the Scout scope mount?
If yes, the Scout HG has a rectangle cutout to allow for the scope mount to protrude.
Buy a GI fiberglas HG from Treeline and your done.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
You removed the Scout scope mount?
If yes, the Scout HG has a rectangle cutout to allow for the scope mount to protrude.
Buy a GI fiberglas HG from Treeline and your done.[/QUOTE

This is what I did with my Scout.

I have three different handguards, solid, fiberglass vented and a wooden vented.

I you don't plan on going back to the Scout forward rail, put it in the PX, there are people looking for those parts.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Good advice from these guys. Easy enough to find replacement handguards, Fiberglass from Fulton, USGI from Windy City, or a really nice finished Walnut handguard from TreelineM14.com.

I have purchased from all three and have had no problems. If you do not know how to install handguard clip, you can order it pre-installed, no problem at all.

Try to decide the look you want ahead of time so you do not have to buy all three.

HTH.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
SAI has polymer solid hand guards like the one you took off for about $30.
They are not on the website, you would have to call and order.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Check the PX, TreelineM14, or even Fulton Armory for a handguard. USGI or Commercial. Vented or regular.

They are not too expensive.

Then sell the old handguard and scout mount for what you payed for the new handguard handguard.

I am not a big fan of the forward mount either

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a brand new Gi vented for my scout that still on layaway it's going to look cool on it with a gi stock

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Squad scout, I did the same thing, I bought a Handguard from Fulton Armory. I didn't like the picatinny rail on the front of the barrel and I never intend to shoot without open sights. So, it's gone now. Happy shooting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts