M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:roll: JUST BOUGHT NEW M1A LOADED STAINLESS. SHOULD I GET SCOPED PACKAGE" ANY HELP. IS SCOPE ANY GOOD?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The mount is good. The scope you will probably not be happy with,the crosshairs are very fine and it is a fixed 6 power. The range finder/bdc is easy to use and probably faster than mil-dot unless you are a math whiz.

Just my opinion but I hope but I hope it helps.

The low power and fine crosshairs sent my scope to the spare parts box

·
Registered
846 Posts
you can always get the mount and scope and them sell them. and put the money towards a better mount and optics.

the SA mount is ok. they work best if mounted and left on the gun. their scopes are japanese made by hakko and again are ok. not the best not the worst.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
you mey want to check out my post. 5 shots was all my 6x40 could take

·
Banned
354 Posts
I have one. I modifyed the scope mount and will have "how to" post and pics soon. This mod fixes the problem with mount movment and retention of Zero (And its amazingly simple). The scope works just great in daylight but near dusk the cross hairs are a little thin. The rangefinder works great if you are shooting heavy match grain but shoots a little different with lighter NATO loads. The knobs are easy enough to adjust. In general if you can't shoot respectable groups with this scope a move up probubly won't help ya'. I think the biggest problem with the setup is getting the mount modifyed not the scope..............SP/4 Twiggy

·
Registered
202 Posts

I also used my "Loaded Coupon" I went with the SA Scope mount (I didn’t know better)... IMHO the SA scope mount is AWFUL!! They use a metal MUCH softer than the receiver and after about 500-600 rds I began losing my zero! And I noticed that the upside down "T" channel that it mates to my SA M1A receiver began to Mushroom over. Since then I have found that to mount the SA scope mount the proper way you should use a LEATHER mallet on the knobs of the mount. I mean you REALLY have to whack em hard and tighten whack and tighten whack and tighten (you get the idea). This way it seats properly and will have no mushrooming of the SOFTER metal or a loss of your zero from the vibration of firing your weapon.
BUT... now you do not have the option of "easy" removal of you scope and a remount with out going through that whole ordeal of "proper mounting"

If I where you I would use the coupon for one of there higher end scopes (I did) I got the 3rd Gen 4-14 luminated ret. No problems and a VERY nice scope and I was told that the optics where ground by NIKON. The tube is of one piece construction and clarity is excellent. It mounts a bit high but unless you have a neck like a Giraffe you are going to have to use a cheek piece to raise the comb of your cheek weld anyway.

And finally I have the ARMS #18 mount and High rings... love em.. I have never lost my zero. VERY VERY good quality and is constructed of a metal that is very close to the hardness of your receiver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts