M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day All, Thanks to all the help from this forum, I've taken the plunge and purchased a loaded M1A. Went to the range and 30 years of married life disappeared and I was back in the Corp on the 500 yard line. Of course the target was a bit more fuzzy than I recall!! Fortunately I have not experienced any hiccups yet. However, after reading many posts about mounting scopes I am looking for some updated information. I'm considering the ARMS setup. Do I recall right that some say this does not mate well with the Springfield rec'r. I've read enough to know I don't want their mount. Please help with any suggestions. Thanks as always.

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
The only problems with ARMS mounts not working on SA Inc. receivers were receivers in the 140,000-150,000 serial number range.

Don't be afraid to use the ARMS mount. I have 3-4 and they work great.
Of course all my SA receivers are in the looooow numbers. Even 1 in the 0002xx range and works well with the ARMS mount.

A major manufacturer has asked me to evaluate one of their prototypes that they are sending me in a few days ( I know, I have all the fun ).
Can't say now who it is but, with their permission I'll let ya know when evaluations are done. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have personally had a problem with the ARMS Mount, although it is not in regards to fitting the receiver 161xxx.

Brass gets caught between the op rod and mount about 1 in every 7 rounds. I am in the process of chaning my ejector, op rod spring guide and op rod spring to correct this.

I have heard of several others having this problem, there are threads on it here and on the Amback.

I am not sure yet whether it is a problem with the mount or the ejector. All of the suggestions that I have received are regarding the ejector and spring, but like I said others have had the same problem.

I have also tried the Smith Mount and had the same exact problem.

However, I can say that I successfully mounted both mounts to the receiver and I was able to zero the scope in.

Check out my threads on Amback there is a discussion about these mounts on SA receivers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.