M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
He seems a good source and the idea of his testing the rifle is good, however, he doesn't tell us anything about it. He describes taking a deer at a good range, yet says nothing about dependability, function, etc. It could have been a good article, yet it ends up giving virtually nothing. IMHO

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Kinda like having a sweet roll for breakfast. Tasted good but not a lot of substance. Oh well, not like we needed substance anyway...DI5.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice article, thanks for posting. This was a nice reality check from an authority regarding how the rifle currently compares against the newer combat rifles. And a positive comment for SA!

What I see happening is that folks are trying to develop firearms and ammo for ultimate performance in a narrow range of operation. My feeling is that the M14 still stands out as an all-around combat rifle. Which, besides my own military fond memories, is why I picked the M1a as my everything rifle. I was wondering when it would be considered a true relic after watching all the new stuff on tv - top ten sniper rifles. So it's nice to get a thumbs up from someone who is current.

Someday, we will be shooting plastic bull pups that transform from a brief case to a spewing one man killing machine. Well, maybe not me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts