M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only official M1A match I've done was at Perry in 2017, but Missoula is hosting one this Saturday (June 25th), so I'm looking forward to trying it again. Biggest goal is to keep all 10 offhand shots in the scoring rings from 300!

Saturday is a XTC 1000 followed by the M1A match. Sunday starts with a 30 shot team match and then an EIC. Plenty of shooting in two days!

Anyone else going?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
s the target the same for all stages?
Yes, all stages shot on the SR-3 which is the standard high power target for 300 yards. That's what makes the sitting and offhand extra fun because the scoring rings on the SR-3 are exactly the same size as the 200 yard SR target, but with a black 8 ring. In other words, the 10 ring at 200 yards is about 3MOA (and plenty hard to hit from offhand) but only represents 2 MOA at 300yards.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the rundown Bob, it was fun for everyone I think! Jamie always puts on a good match and there isn’t a better looking range.

M1A match was a hoot but I was gassed after the XTC 1000 in the morning (shooting AR15)
I forgot my 600yd ammo for my M14 for the leg match Sunday so I bought a box of FGMM 168 at a local store Saturday evening. It shot great honestly. I estimated a sight elevation and shot a cold bore 8 at 6 o’clock. Made another adjustment and shot an X which made me very happy!

Reactions: Xfire
1 - 4 of 4 Posts