M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here are a couple of stocks i fitted with Hawk's dummy selector kit. give me some feedback. i think these guns look very M14 friendly.

everytime i post these pics on a forum, people always give me grief that some range master is going to have a concern about a gun that has the looks of a select fire weapon
(i.e. M14). why cant people just enjoy a work of art and relax?MCORPS1!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Select fire range masters!

If they ever called you on it you could say:

Why yes it is a select fire weapon. It fires when I select to shoot!

OR:

Yes it is a select fire weapon and, by law, I select semi-auto!

·
Registered
397 Posts
everytime i post these pics on a forum, people always give me grief that some range master is going to have a concern about a gun that has the looks of a select fire weapon
(i.e. M14).
It has happened before and will happen again. The posters were probably just trying to do you a favor with the warning. Personally, I like the dummy select fire kits and believe being well enough informed to talk turkey to the RO should be alleviate any concerns on his part.

why cant people just enjoy a work of art and relax?MCORPS1!
That's a rhetorical question, right?

BTW, very nice. Very nice indeed!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Looks good. I originally never wanted one of those kits on my rifles. After seing some of the pics, I am changing my mind. Looks sharp.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good input guys.....i live on a ranch anyways so i dont go to ranges much. but even the ones ive gone too......most people dont even know the difference. and if i did get pulled aside i would be flattered that at least someone noticed!GI6 nobody shoots m14 types around here (TX) as soon as i put the dummy kit on my stock i showed all my friends and they were like, "....uh, so....."

but fitting a M1A in a GI stock......it just looks like there is a part missing by not having the selector. id much rather have the hole there than the resin plug people use. folks......please dont botch a nice original m14 stock by doing that or over-refinishing.......man i see it all the time.

all aesthetics aside, i would consider the kit as a useful way to keep dirt and crud out of the action. and i prefer the selector lock to the selector switch because the switch always seems to get in the way of my hand when im racking the op rod back.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Looks great! I guess I am lucky, as I belong to a private range that allows fully auto weapons, so never any issues if you have a selector switch, or where it is positioned. Only down side, I cannot afford a fully auto weapon. Yes, I know your switch is just for looks.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Charlene, I believe that kind of talk is considered "Stepping over the Line" in these parts...

Site management has said that any talk of circumventing any law is strictly prohibited...

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Pay little or no attention to anybody that doesn't like the look after all it is your rifle. GI2 I have the kits on all of my M14s I even have a switch on the real one. MCORPS1MCORPS1

-

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Looks great, good job. Hey, it's a little hard to see in the pics but it looks like your handguard may be touching your stock. Can't say for sure but if it is, that needs some attention. They are easy to float just check out some of the threads regarding that in this forum. Love the selector switch look.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the glass is a leupold mk4 2- 8 x. yes i like birch too. everyone runs 4 the walnuts but i think birch looks more authentic . i got that one on ebay for 60 bucks. nobody bid on it because it had a funky stain job......or funky grain. its ugliness is what makes it pretty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
here are a couple of stocks i fitted with Hawk's dummy selector kit. give me some feedback. i think these guns look very M14 friendly.

(i.e. M14). why cant people just enjoy a work of art and relax?MCORPS1!
Hay we would get arrested in Canada because it looks too cool

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I also like the looks and I have never had anyone say a thing about the dummy selector on my M-14/S. Before I retired I had three real M-14's at my police department. Most people couldn't tell the difference in my M-14/S and the TRW and H&R M-14's belong to the PD. The dummy selector not only looks cool it also stops up that ugly selector cut in my pristine walnut GI M14 stock. I just went to the CMP and bought three more M-14 stocks and I plan on ordering the parts from Hawk's to make them look proper too.

7th

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i live in the heart of texas and i was at a gun range and everyone was looking at my gun w/ the dummy selector. noboday had a concern and even when my gun accidently bump fired, nobody cared. never had a problem w/ the dummy selector collecting unwanted negative attention.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well at long last, Hawk sent me my Christmas present just in time for the Christmas day. Thanks Hawk. Got the button lock kit on this afternoon and I'm so pleased. My Devine, TX M21 project is now complete. Tack driver too. 1 1/2" groups at 300. SWEET! Almost as good as my Remington M24.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Holy wow, 1.5 inches @ 300?? no wonder everyone wants a devine!

Well at long last, Hawk sent me my Christmas present just in time for the Christmas day. Thanks Hawk. Got the button lock kit on this afternoon and I'm so pleased. My Devine, TX M21 project is now complete. Tack driver too. 1 1/2" groups at 300. SWEET! Almost as good as my Remington M24.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts