M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, hello! I'm a new user and a fan of the M1A/14 series. I'm looking to buy an M1a but I would like to have a bayonet on it, now I know you need to have an m6 and a bayonet lug but that shouldn't be a problem, what I want to know is if I can fit a okc3s on it. Is it possible though customization?

I would really want a okc3s on it instead and I'm willing to go though quite a bit of customization to do it, just wondering if it's possible. For example, could I buy a m16 flash suppressor with Bayonet lug and maybe mount this to my M1A?

Also can a m7 or m9 be made to fit on a m14 or M1A at all?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Also can a m7 or m9 be made to fit on a m14 or M1A at all?
My guess is that it would be cost prohibitive. From the Wikipedia article on the M7 bayonet:

"The M7 is based on the older M6 bayonet for the M14 rifle.[2] The most notable differences between the two are the diameter of the muzzle rings, and the locking mechanism. The M7's release mechanism is on the pommel, while the M6 has a spring-loaded lever near the guard that when depressed releases the bayonet. Both models are approximately the same length, have the same black finish, and use the M8A1, or later M10 sheath."

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The biggest problem is that the M14 bayonet lug is part of the flash suppressor while on the M16 it is part of the front site post. I looked at doing this and gave it up pretty quick it would not be an easy project.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I do some work in Mexico and the m6 is a great knife but the air in mexico is like no other, it will rust in no time. I'm also more of a fan of the newer knifes.

Also I've been taking a look at some of the detachable bayonet lugs

The only problem would be getting the bayonet ring to fit on a m14 suppressor, the ring would be to big, and if I could even get it to line up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts