M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the feel of wood and steel however I bought it with black plastic stock. I had bought a Boyd's stock looks nice but I finally shot it today with ball Ammo and had a few fail to feed this was with two ten round mags

I am knew here and would like to know why this occurred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Many variables....what was the ammo? factory? reloads? Did you disassemble, clean and lube the rifle? Is it a new or used rifle?

More specifics will lead to better diagnosis.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never fired Ammo was Venezuelan ball followed by Angio the groups were okay for low end Ammo when I did install the new Boyd's walnut stock I did shin and unitized the gas system. I do have a few boxes of Federal match ammo I ran out of time. As well I cannot use non Ca approved GI mags do you feel it's the Ammo I had about seventy perfect extraction and fed ammo
Both ten round mags are new.

I like the rifle had fun finally getting to shoot her but this overriding a round sometimes I thought I better ask the guys who run these nice rifles often

Hope this additional information helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,768 Posts
Never diagnose a rifle when using foreign surplus ammo. RNGR2

Try some of the Federal. See if it has the same problem. New rifles need a box or so of ammo run thru them to break them in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 120 rounds in with no issues, using Checkmate Industries (CMI) 10-round magazines and ammo from Federal and Hornady. By chance did something snag on the op-rod or something else cause it to not move forward fully unimpeded?

Cheers,

-Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.