M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m gonna ask, though I might get slapped through my screen....

Do I dare relocate my Loaded M1A into a NM stock while keeping the EBR op rod block in place to help secure it? I realize I’ll have to notch out my NM stock but I’m wondering what kind of accuracy I’ll see out of it.

Dare I say, curious to see what you all think...

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am lost ? Do you want to use a ebr guide block in a McMillan stock? No front band???? I am pretty drunk right now lol and I am confused lol. It might work but testing of such a combo would be in order, only way to tell. I'd this the direction you are looking for?,???

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am lost ? Do you want to use a ebr guide block in a McMillan stock? No front band???? I am pretty drunk right now lol and I am confused lol. It might work but testing of such a combo would be in order, only way to tell. I'd this the direction you are looking for?,???
Basically just run it with the guide block in the NM stock. Maybe even bed it for a tight fit. The NM stock is thick and might be able to hold up. Or I might just blow the whole side off the stock.... lol cheers BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
OP rod block of sage doesn't fit into a McMillan stock ,

When is going to be safe and secure in chassis while you screw the block in chassis. You can not screw the block in McMillan or NM stock,

However nothing is impossible , you can make it by modifying the stock , cost or damage maybe going to be more than build or buying a a forged Bula barrel action.

I would go to invest and spend my time and money to build a rifle for that stock .

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It won’t take much to make it fit the wood NM stock. I have an older rifle coming I might save it for now though.

If you want to do it just Because, go for it.
When your done hacking on that stock sell it to me for the cost of shipping. I might need a project stock soon.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The idea is to capitalize on the op blocks ability to bolt into or at least bed into the wood stock. A member here did it a few years ago and had decent results but that was with a regular GI stock. Having the NM stock will give me much more material to play with. I like the idea of going from chassis to stock without nixing the op block and the added stability of the op block might help with accuracy...

That said, it might be a moot point depending on the ‘85 M1A I have coming. If it has a National march barrel like it was advertised, I’ll use the stock for that one.

Why don't you just get the right part for your barrel ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
After a bunch researc, I found that I have a Loaded M1A MA9222. I called Springfield and found that i can get the MP9226 stock which is interchangeable with mine. I want an adjustable stock.

my Loaded has a NM barrel and sights so an adjustable stock will giv me all I want.

I asked why frequent disassembly will impact accuracy as mentioned on this forum. They said only if you have a glass bedded stock.

·
Registered
14,389 Posts
It sounds like an interesting project. You just need a way to secure the guide to either the barrel or stock. If securing it to the stock with either screws or bedding, you can take the opportunity to create draw pressure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You lost me.

To what guide are you referring? Either Precision stock appears to connect to barrel & receiver the same as the walnut stock. I called SA and that is the message I heard.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The op block in an EBR takes place of the op rod guide. The op block is shaped in a rectangle and is pressed over the barrel and then bolts to the EBR chassis. Normal op rod guides do not bolt to chassis or stock.

So using the op block in a regular stock (or NM wood stock), I might be able to bed or bolt the block into the stock like the EBR.

Is that what you’re referring to?

You lost me.

To what guide are you referring? Either Precision stock appears to connect to barrel & receiver the same as the walnut stock. I called SA and that is the message I heard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.