M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to Orlando I was able to replace my broken cast hammer on my M1A. Springfield honored the warranty but they wanted me to ship the trigger group to them. I figured it was better to keep my trigger and replace it with a GI hammer. Thanks to you all and Orlando, easy sauce.

Attachments

Reactions: Tommo

·
Registered
657 Posts
I don't mind a non GI housing. but the guts have to be all USGI...they are available and not much more in price.

·
Eye Master
3,879 Posts
Send the broken hammer back to Springfield and ask for a replacement. I bet they will just send it, rather than keeping it and insisting you send the rest of the trigger group. That way you get a spare.

If they do insist, tell them to return your broken hammer - you'll use it as-is. That ought to scare their liability lawyers :). Can't imagine them refusing to return your property and refusing to send you a new one.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can try that. I obviously don’t need the hammer. Lol

Send the broken hammer back to Springfield and ask for a replacement. I bet they will just send it, rather than keeping it and insisting you send the rest of the trigger group. That way you get a spare.

If they do insist, tell them to return your broken hammer - you'll use it as-is. That ought to scare their liability lawyers :). Can't imagine them refusing to return your property and refusing to send you a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts